Attorney Curt Arnel has been practicing family law for more than 35 years. He spends a lot of time reading and researching to keep current on trends and changes in the field. He's a family man with an amazing wife, Bobbie, and beautiful daughter, Lauren. They're the core team of the firm -- a family helping other families overcome life challenges.
In addition to being an attorney, Curt has extensive accounting experience from his years as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). He uses his financial background to his clients’ advantage in areas such as property settlements, child support, and alimony.
Curt is a good listener who learns more by listening than by speaking. He allows his clients to express themselves because he recognizes that sometimes, the information needed to resolve a case is deeply buried. In divorce, success is dependent on the individual case. For example, in some cases he has reunited parents with children when the parent had been estranged or precluded from visitation. Once Curt finds out what is most important to a client, he can apply his vast legal knowledge and experience to achieving that result.
Curt is a zealous advocate. He knows how to be aggressive and assertive, but also knows there are times when you don't want to be aggressive. Sometimes it is easier to go over, under, or around an obstacle. Curt evaluates each case and chooses the right course of action for each client.
Achieving his clients’ desired results is very important to Curt. He works from early in the morning until late at night to do that. He never wants to encounter a case where he was out-prepared by another attorney.
Curt is totally accessible to his clients. He welcomes and encourages clients to email him so he can offer a thoughtful written reply at any time, day or night. Responding by email allows him to compose his thoughts and give his clients a considered response. In turn, clients can print out the response for their own records and refer back to it later.
Many of Curt’s divorce clients remain close to him for years after their divorce. Curt’s mailbox is clogged with Christmas cards from past clients every year. Curt enjoys divorce work and the results he can obtain for clients. He appreciates the loyal and lasting relationships he develops with them.
- New York, 1982
- New Jersey, 1982
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court, 1990
- United States Court Of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 1991
- United States District Court EDNY, 1982
- United States District Court SDNY, 1982
- United States District Court for DNJ, 1982
- United States Court of Military Appeals, 1991
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.S. cum laude - 1977
- Major: Accounting
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Course completed: Trial Techniques & Advocacy - 1980
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Chair, 1987 - 1988
- New York State Bar Association, Member
Awards & Recognition
- AV Preeminent Rated; Martindale-Hubbell, 2019-2020
- Silver Client Champion; Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- 10 Best; American Institute of Family Law Attorneys; 2018-2019
- Top Lawyer; New York Magazine, 2018
- Top 100 Lawyers; The National Advocates 2016-2018
- Lead Counsel Rated; Lead Counsel, 2016-2020