Preparing to Meet with a Family Law Attorney in Brooklyn
Your Initial Consultation with Arnel Law Firm is Free
Family law issues can be difficult and emotional for all parties involved. It is important to prepare yourself for the road ahead by collecting documents and information before you meet with your family law attorney. The information you provide will help us carefully evaluate your unique situation and strategize accordingly to achieve a positive resolution.
Below is a list of information and documents you may need to have handy as you get started on your case. Before your first consultation, our attorneys will review the information you should bring to our meeting and discuss other necessities before diving in.
We recommend that you are ready to provide:
- Financial information: Including tax returns, recent pay stubs, bank statements, stock or bond statements, and investment account information
- Retirement savings information: Including information about 401(k) and 403(b) accounts, IRAs, life insurance policies, pension statements, and Social Security statements
- Property information: Including information and documents pertaining to your marital home, rental properties, vacation properties, business properties, personal valuables, and vehicles
- Information about bills and outstanding debt: Including loans, credit cards, utility bills, tuition bills, and medical bills
- Legal agreements: Including wills, powers of attorney, prenuptial agreements, and previous divorce decrees
Personalized solutions for you.
Every case has its own unique circumstances that requires a methodical, thoughtful plan.
Protect your assets and future.
Safeguarding your best interests is always at the forefront of our approach to your case.
Experience makes the difference.
No matter how simple or complex your case, experience is essential in obtaining results.