At Curt Arnel & Associates in Brooklyn, we are focused on providing skilled family law representation for people in the five boroughs of New York City and all the surrounding counties. With more than 30 years of experience handling the full scope of family law issues, Mr. Arnel leads a dedicated team that thoroughly understands how to resolve the numerous challenges that may arise in these cases.
Tell us about your specific family law needs today. Contact us online or call 347-966-7378 or 866-625-6348. Free initial consultations.
Strategies Customized To Your Situation
We carefully craft legal strategies that are personalized to suit each client's unique situation. Our Brooklyn family law services can advance your interests and protect your rights in all aspects of divorce, including:
- High-asset divorce — Divorce that involves significant assets can become complex. That is why it is so important to have an experienced attorney like ours to handle such issues.
- Child custody and visitation — Protecting your relationship with your child whether you expect to be the custodial parent or you want to ensure proper visitation time
- Child support — Ensuring that support payments are fair and fit your financial situation
- Spousal support — Providing the necessary information to reach a fair agreement on payment amounts and the length of time that alimony is paid
- Property division — Because New York's "equitable distribution" laws aren't as straightforward as they sound, an experienced attorney is critical to protect your best interests
- Complex property division — Mr. Arnel's training as a certified public accountant allows him to understand detailed financial reports, business ledgers and more
- Modifications — Petitioning the court for revised child support, custody or visitation arrangements if changed circumstances warrant it
- Parental relocation — Assisting a custodial parent who needs to move away due to a new job or for other reasons, or helping a parent block the other one from moving away with the children
- Parental alienation — Taking legal action if one parent attempts to alienate a child against the other parent
- Orders of protection — Obtaining protection for victims of domestic abuse or fighting a false accusation of domestic violence
- Grandparents' rights — Helping grandparents maintain strong relationships with their grandchildren or petitioning the court for legal custody if both biological parents are unfit or unable to provide a safe environment
- Enforcement of orders — Petitioning the court if support or visitation decrees are not being followed - including back child support and violation of court orders
- Child abuse and neglect — Assisting parents when a child is put in a dangerous living situation and defending parents against false accusations of abuse
- Paternity — Establishing an individual is a child's father for purposes of support or visitation rights or defending against a paternity case
- Prenuptial agreements — Protecting individual assets that are brought into a marriage is a wise idea for individuals with substantial wealth or small-business owners, as well as those with children from prior marriages or relationships
- Divorce and tax issues — Mr. Arnel uses his CPA training to ensure the most effective structure in various agreements is used to minimize tax consequences
- Family court — Tackling legal matters that affect the lives of children and their parents, including child abuse and neglect, custody and visitation for unmarried parents, foster care and paternity
- Same-sex relationships — Handling issues involving children, property and support, and LGBT couples
- Annulments — Under certain situations an annulment can be sought. Talk to us about your situation, and we can determine whether an annulment is an option for you.
- Mediation and collaborative divorce — A means of resolving divorce issues and avoiding litigation that can save both time and money
Our Manhattan/New York Divorce Lawyers Are Loyal To You
Our priority is to put each client in the best possible position following your family law case. We take the time to understand your unique situation and talk through all of your options before creating a legal strategy that suits your objectives.
It begins with a free consultation in which we can assess your situation and recommend the best steps to take next. Contact us to schedule an appointment.